Practical Potions- Aromatherapy, Online, Apprentice Ship Adventure
Welcome to the launch of our Practical Potions Aromatherapy, Online, Apprentice Ship Adventure, Program. This on-line program is a new addition to the college. In its former incarnation, it was part of the Earth Spirit Medicine program (and still is for full-time students).
But, you may now achieve a certificate or diploma in aromatherapy, anywhere in North America, with this new, online, only program. The diploma is earned when both the Introductory Certificate Course as well as the Advanced Practical Potions Apprentice Course are completed.
Take a Peek at the Two Apprentice Ship Adventures:
Level 1 – Practical Potions
The first level Practical Potions, Aromatherapy, E-Course, Apprentice Ship Adventure is a certification program.
Explore the pleasurable and healing art of Aromatherapy. Bring the potent and disinfecting aspects of essential oils into your home and toss out the harsh chemicals. Heighten your creativity as you learn to work with natural, plant extracts and save money too! The recipes and assignments will help transform routines such as brushing your teeth and bathing into “scentual rituals”. Create simple potions from toothpaste, foot-rubs, and room blends. You will learn about the properties of essential oils and develop your own expertise to create what you need, on a daily basis. You will require a desire to learn and be willing to devote time and attention to your studies.
You will receive an equivalent 70- hour college course with detailed write-ups, short videos, exercises and a journal to help guide your journey. Course completion will result in a certification in introductory aromatherapy.
Dive into the modules for the Practical Potions, Aromatherapy, E-Course, Apprentice Ship Adventure!
- Scenting the Scene- and Introduction- Learn aromatic language, get an overview and experience the magic of diffusion.
- Chemistry- Get grounded in the science of the makeup of the oils.
- The Scent Impressions Sheet:
- Sniffing the Oils- to –Access, develop and keep scent memory
- Learning the Properties: of 90 individual oils – the tools to give you knowledge and build expertise
- The Lamiaceae Family- The Devas of Versatility!
- Transformational Step: Creating a Toothpaste or Toothpolish
- Create a Lavender Deva Pillow Mist
- Make A Fabulous Foot Bath-
- Learn and create some massage, bath and shower recipes:
- Massage Blend- Healing Touch-
- Baths – the Healing Waters
- Transformational Step- Liquid Luxury – Soap for the Shower-
- The Lauraceae Family The Devas of Healing
- Ravensara Chest Rub-
- The Council of Plants and Devas
- Working with Plants and Essential Oils, Intuitively
- The Dorothy Maclean-Plant Attunement Technique
- Magi of Home Scents
- Become a Magi of Mood
- Potion for Home Scent.
- Toxicology-Introductory Brew Your Potions Safely.
- The Myrtaceae- Devas of Breath!
- Tea Tree Hand Cleaner
- The Genie of Cleaning- Simple Recipes to Create Sparkle
- Spray Bottles
- Creating A “Scentsational” Car Blend.
- Coniferae-The Forest Devas
- Baba Yaga’s Simple Furniture Oil
- The Wizardry of Creating the Elixirs
- Compositae- Devas of Calming- Create Calming Chamomile Salve
- The Geraniaceae Family- Devas of Beauty.
- The Enneagram
- Burseraceae- Devas of Spirit
- Spirit of the Temple – (Diffusion Blend.
- The Gramineae Family-Devas of Grounding
- The Zingiberaceae Family- Devas of Spicy Soothing-
- Carrier Oils- Plant and Vegetable Oils- The Alchemy of Dilution and Enhancement-
- Carrier Oils Help Address Skin Issues Such As Acne –
- A Simple Mix for Aging Skin-
- Hair Elixir-
- Gentle with the Wee One-
- Faery Baby’s Skin Oil-
- Introduction to Creating Practical Potions & Perfumes.
- Medical Aromatherapy- Introduction
- The Interview Template-
- Practically Magic- Good Questions Lead to Clear Responses-
- Aroma Lab- “Scentual” Magic – Creating the Aromatic Pleasure Kit-
- Student Presentations-Honoring the Devas.
- Increase your Skills- Receive an Introductory Aromatherapy Certificate, if you have completed all the steps.
Sign Up Options
Travel Options for the Introductory Aromatherapy Program (This is an online program that comes to you if you have a computer and high-speed internet). You may travel, simply by sitting in your armchair.
The Apprentice-Ship Adventure Option
The Introductory, Apprentice-Ship Adventure costs $1,295.00. Completing all of the course and assignments will qualify you for a certificate in introductory aromatherapy from The Northern Star College.
The Pleasure Cruise Option
Or you might choose to take the Pleasure Cruise and receive all of the same information, but not be obligated to do the projects, assignments, nor qualify for certification. The Pleasure Cruise costs $895.00 and is not available to full-time, certificate or diploma students.
The Free Cruise Trial Run
You may also sample the introductory course before buying, by trying out a chapter. Sniff out your reaction and decide if you would like to board the Northern Star, Apprenticeship Adventure. For those sampling the course, check back with your e-course and lessons will appear for you to enjoy for 5 days.
Check Out the Free Cruise-http://northernstarcourses.com/product/free-chapter-practical-potions/
If you do join us and commit to the introductory aromatherapy program there are no refunds. The Practical Potions Course will no longer be available in a classroom setting, only online.
Try a Sample Video from Practical Potions E-Course
Interested in Joining Us? Sign Up Here.
If this journey feels like an important adventure for you and you would like to join us, you may buy the Introductory, Practical Potions, ApprenticeShip Certificate Program, directly through paypal at the link below.
Go here to purchase the Introductory Leisure Cruise through Paypal-You get the full adventure, but no homework and no certification.
Want to sign up for the Practical Potions Introductory Adventure, but prefer not to use paypal? Call Catherine at 780 447-3667 and leave a message to sign up for the full course with a credit card, or email Catherine email@example.com with your request.
You may write to Laurie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Robert email@example.com if you have further questions about the course content. Or just take the Free Cruise and try out a sample 🙂
Have a Wonderful Trip.
An Aromatic Adventure With Many Transformations Awaits!
Level 2 – Practical Potions Advanced Aromatherapy
To deepen your expertise in aromatherapy we have an Advanced Aromatic Adventure.
Practical Potions Advanced Aromatherapy, On-Line, Apprentice Ship Diploma Adventure
Hop back on board for the Northern Star College’s, Practical Potions, Advanced, Apprentice Ship Adventure! Learn about the botanical and intuitive qualities of over 70 essential oils. Inhale the course components, while developing your knowledge about how to use essential oils, safely and pleasurably. Completion of the Practical Potions, Certificate Program is necessary before enrolling in Practical Potions, Advanced.
FREE YOUR TRUE ESSENCE WITH THE PRACTICAL POTIONS 2, ADVANCED, AROMATIC E-COURSE!
Welcome back to the Apprentice-Ship Adventure. It is time to strengthen your ability to create potions and deepen your connection to the plants.
Learn about the botanical and intuitive qualities of over 70 new essential oils. Recipes will help transform daily routines, like beauty and cleaning your home into meaningful experiences. Build knowledge about how and when to use the oils. This is where you start to think for yourself, like a creator.
When should you use certain essential oils and carrier oils? How do you combine them to create a synergistic blend? This depth of knowledge will help you create with competence and confidence.
As you complete course segments, you will manifest your know-how by making useful products. These products are useful for many aspects of your home and personal care routine, but might also be turned into saleable products for online, and a farmer’s market. Some graduates supplement their income with their creations.
You will receive an equivalent 77-hour college course with detailed write-ups, videos, exercises and a comprehensive journal to help guide your journey. Course completion of both The Introductory and Advanced Practical Potions Program and assignments will result in a diploma in aromatherapy. You will also have access to the Facebook forum to build alliances and share insights with your group.
Start the Journey-Overview of the Concepts- Unit 1
Body Beautiful- Inside the Ship’s Spa -Unit 2
- Love the Skin You’re in-(Get it into Ship-Shape) (2A)
- Essential Oils for Skin (2B)
- Carrier Oils for Skin (2C)
- Toxins in Commercial Products (2D)
- Hydrosols & Floral Waters (2E)
- Facial Cleansers – Steam, Scrub, and Tone (2F)
- Masks (2G)
- Creams, Serums & Balms (2H)
- Hair Care (2I)
- Body, Nail, Hand, Foot and Mouth Care (2J)
Sailing Through Life’s Phases- Unit 3
Essential oils for:
- Pregnancy (3A)
- Babies and Infants (3B)
- Gynecology (3C)
- Seniors (3D)
- Men (3E)
Essential Oil Families Shipped to You from Around the World- Unit 4
Learning the Properties of individual oils – the tools to give you knowledge & build expertise
- Rutaceae- Devas of Adorability (4A)
- Umbelliferae – Devas of Digestibility (4B)
- Roses- Devas of Magnificence (4C)
- Assorted Families- Devas with Big Gifts (4D)
- Local & Unusual Essential Oils- Devas of Home Coming (4E)
Psycho Aroma –Remedies from Exotic Cultures -Unit 5
- Overview (5A)
- Hippocratic System (5B)
- Ayurvedic Medicine (5C)
- Astrology (5D)
- Worwood (5E)
- The Gumbel System (5F)
- Dreams (5G)
The Scentual Home- A Visit Back to Shore- Unit 6
- Cooking with Essential Oils (6A)
- Cleaning with Essential Oils (6B)
- Plant Care & Insects & Pests (6C)
- Holiday Gift Ideas-(6D)
Perfumery-Explore Your Essence- The Ship’s Blending Room- Unit 7
- The Language of Flowers (7A)
- Advanced Blending (7B)
Healing & Safety-The Ship’s Wellness Room- Unit 8
- Advanced Toxicology and Home Healing (8A)
- The Ship’s Healing Chart (8B)
Product Development and Marketing Resources-Be Known From Sea To Sea-Unit 9
- Develop A Business Plan (9A)
- Labeling & Sourcing Supplies (9B)
- Marketing (9C)
- The Future of Aromatherapy (9D)
Pleasure Cruise Students are off duty at this point.
For those on the Apprenticeship Program-
Projects-Showcasing Your Competency & Bringing Your Skills Home – Unit 10
- Fine Tuning the Aromatic Intake Template (10A)
- The Magic of Creation –Your 8 Aromatic Products or Your Thesis and Work Placement Project (10B)
- Student Presentations Advanced Honoring the Devas (10C)
- Increase your Skills- Receive an Aromatherapy Diploma if you have completed all the steps (10D)
Sign Up Options
The Apprentice-Ship Adventure Option
The Apprentice-Ship Adventure, Advanced route requires an investment of (Coming in September). Completing all of the course and assignments will qualify you for a diploma in aromatherapy, by The Northern Star College.
The Pleasure Cruise Option
Or you might choose to take the Pleasure Cruise and receive all of the same information, but not be obligated to do the projects, assignments, nor qualify for certification. The Pleasure Cruise costs (Check back in September) and is not available to the full-time certificate or diploma students.
Interested In Deepening Your Aromatic Knowledge? Sign Up For The Practical Potions, Advanced Program, Here
If you are a graduate of The Practical Potions Introductory Course and would like to further your knowledge you may sign up for the Advanced, Practical Potions Adventure calling Catherine at 780 447-3667 and leaving a message, or emailing her your request firstname.lastname@example.org. Catherine will handle all financial or administrative questions. You may also pay through paypal after September 1.
If you do join us and commit to the aromatherapy program there are no refunds. The Practical Potions, Advanced Course is only available in an online format.
More About the Instructors:
Robert has been a student of plant medicine for over 40 years, including 18 years as a clinical herbalist. He is a professional member of the American Herbalist Guild and has a Bachelor’s Degree in Botany. Robert is the author of over fifty books on medicinal plants of Western Canada. Robert has taught plant medicine for over 30 years from casual herb walks to university classes. He is a popular speaker with international experience. He has been described as a true “green man” with an affinity to nature, and an avid fan of our indigenous plants and mushrooms.
Robert is steeped in all levels of the natural health industry from organic farming, oil distillation to clinical work. Robert and his wife Laurie are owners of Self Heal Distributing and Scents of Wonder essential oils.
Watch Videos With Robert- https://selfhealdistributing.com/videos/
You can also visit Robert at the Self Heal Distributing website at www.selfhealdistributing.com
My journey away from mainstream scents started as a child when I was repelled by the smell of cosmetics, cleaners and personal care products. I also had a great love of blending and creating “potions”.
Working with the essential oils and plant devas has given me an amazing aromatic palette to create from. It has enhanced many aspects of my life from- how I wash my face with toning floral waters to the way I create an aromatic spa when I bathe. Aromatherapy has allowed me to dream up and manifest hundreds of potions and products. It has inspired me to write and teach so that I can help others attune to their inner alchemist and create potions and products that express their authentic tastes and enhance their lives.
We are excited to take Practical Potions to those who feel the call to train in the sacred arts. The Practical Potions, Apprentice Ship Adventure offers new, exciting possibilities to learn from any location.
I have been an alternative health teacher for over 25 years. Robert and I have had a wholesale aromatherapy line for over 27 years and we have both been involved in all aspects of the business. Blending is still something I approach with passion.
Laurie is a certified aromatherapist, dreamworker, and flower essence practitioner. She has a background in Applied Research and a general studies degree with an emphasis on Counselling Women. Laurie is an experienced aromatherapist and blend creator for Scents of Wonder Aromatherapy, owned by Laurie and Robert. She is the co-director of the Earth Spirit Medicine Program and the director of Wise Woman Within, Intuitive Counselling Program, http://northernstarcollege.com/program/programs/intuitive-counselling-program/ at Northern Star College of Mystical Studies. email@example.com
Visit Laurie at the Self Heal Distributing website at www.selfhealdistributing.com
Other teachers on the journey
Bridgid, an ancient goddess. 5 animated guides including, Jo Anna the tour guide, Mairi the aromatic student, Don the computer whiz, Jerry the chemist, Trish the botanical instructor, Jinny the spa and beauty instructor, and Dr. Herb Botanic, (not a medical Dr. but an animated aromatherapist).
For administrative questions, you may phone Catherine at 780-447-3667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsure about taking an online course?
We get it. It is a big leap, but there are advantages. Here is an article from an online expert, about the advantages of online learning. Press the link below.
Copyright: Northern Star College-Laurie Szott-Rogers.